- Date: 22 – 28 September 2018
- Location: The Sat Yoga Ashram, Costa Rica
This September, the Sat Yoga Ashram community will be holding an event dedicated to the topic of community: “Forming and Fostering Flourishing Communities”. We hope to convene community leaders from around the world to foster a mutually-enriching exchange of ideas that can serve to inspire and re-dedicate everyone present toward the ideals that united them.
The themes we intend to discuss at this inter-communal gathering include the following:
- Unifying Vision and Full Commitment
- Structure, Dharma, and Leadership
- Psychological and Spiritual Power, Understanding, and Training
- Food Security and Adaptation to an Off-Grid Future
- Harvesting the Wisdom of past Monastic, Ashram, and Tribal Cultures
- Transformational Processes for Maturation, Conflict Resolution, and Ego Transcendence
- The Nitty Gritty: Dealing With Such Matters as Aging, Death, Money, Workers, Children, Entheogens, Sex and Drugs
We hope that there is enough interest in these topics and in inter-community gatherings that we can offer a series of such retreats to delve ever more deeply into the roots of our interbeing—and create a think tank to help solve the problems that arise in our sister communities to ensure the welfare and connectivity of a growing network of spiritual tribes.
Interested in more on the topic of community?
Read Shunyamurti’s essay: “What is Community?”
Watch a talk given to a group of Permaculture students at the Ashram
International $1700 (We are offering a very special 25% discount for applicants who are a part of an intentional community. Please inquire about this offer of $1275)
Local $1200 (We are offering a very special 25% discount for Costa Rican residents who are a part of an intentional community. Please inquire about this offer of $900)
Your contribution includes shared accommodations in one of our delightful cabins, all meals, and activities during your stay. Single supplement is available for an additional fee.
For more information, please visit the event website.