With Kosha Joubert, supported by Macaco Tamerice.
Are you looking for ways to empower yourself and others to be the change you want to see?
Ecovillage Training of Trainers. July 19 – 23 2019, Damanhur, Italy.
Ecovillages have spent decades researching how to unleash human creativity and solidarity in response to the challenges of our time. From indigenous villages to urban neighbourhoods and new intentional communities, GEN’s growing network is showcasing ways of living together that support both people and planet to thrive.
GEN Education aims to spread that learning and inspiration to ever widening circles.
The GEN Training of Trainers is an opportunity for you to become an active part of that journey, and to strengthen your capacity to teach, facilitate and train people using GEN’s unique tools and ecovillage based pedagogy.
With new skills, deeper knowledge of the global ecovillage movement, and a growing community of GEN Trainers, we hope to boost your inspiration and increase your confidence as a changemaker and educator – so that you can enable others to design their own pathways to a regenerative future.
Taking part in the training means you…
Qualify to apply to be a GEN Trainer
- Gain the opportunity to run GEN trainings and make your work part of the Global Ecovillage Learning Journey. As a certified GEN Trainer, you will become part of a growing community of individuals passionate about facilitating hands-on positive transformation, using the framework of whole systems thinking and participatory design that is at the heart of the ecovillage movement.
Learn creative ways to teach and facilitate using the Ecovillage Design Principles and Cards
- Practice working with the Ecovillage Design Principles and Cards to inspire action, encourage whole-systems thinking, facilitate regenerative community design, and teach sustainability in innovative ways.
- Become increasingly skilled in catalysing communities for a regenerative world, inviting them to design their own Ecovillage Development Plan.
Develop your skills as a facilitator of participatory and transformative learning
- Share best practices for preparing and delivering ecovillage-based workshops
- Learn how to skillfully create inspiring, open and cocreative training environments.
- Gain a deeper understanding of yourself as a trainer, and how to use your unique skills and personality as a facilitator of transformative learning
Increase your capacity to present ecovillages as a solution to the world’s most pressing challenges
- Deepen your understanding of Ecovillage Development as a powerful grassroots strategy to achieve the Paris Climate Agreement and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Increase your impact by situating GEN, Ecovillage Impact, and your work as a GEN Trainer in wider frameworks for positive change.
We look forward to working with you!
Dates: July 19- July 23, 2019 – right after the 2019 GEN Europe Conference – a great opportunity to attend both!
Place: Damanhur, Italy
Training fee: £250 – Normal price; £200 – students, unemployed, low income; £150 – Friends of GEN, GEN Ambassadors, EDE Trainers
Food & Accommodation: Accommodation in own tent or shared rooms. All meals and snacks included. Tent – £35/day. Shared room – £45/day
Times: 9.00 July 19 – 17.00 July 23
Contact: [email protected]
Booking: Register, book and pay directly by clicking one of the buttons above or below!
Kosha Joubert, Executive Director of the Global Ecovillage Network.
With many years of experience as an international facilitator, trainer, and consultant, Kosha has worked extensively in the fields of community empowerment, intercultural collaboration and sustainable development. She is also a co-founder of Gaia Education,developing trainings at the cutting-edge of sustainability, and co-author of the internationally applied Ecovillage Design Education curriculum . You can see her TEDx Talk on Ecovillages here: www.tinyurl.com/tedtalkkosha. In 2016, Kosha received the Dadi Janki Award – 100 Women of Spirit.
Macaco Tamerice, President of Damanhur Education
Macaco Tamerice has been living in Damanhur since 1993. She is the Coordinator of International Community Relations and the President of the non-profit Damanhur Education. Between 2010 and 2015, she served as the President of the Global Ecovillage Network-Europe (GEN Europe). Macaco is an international speaker, facilitator and educator. Trained in music and voice, she has toured as a professional jazz singer in Europe, Canada and Japan for over twenty years and taught voice and led classes and seminars since 1984. She has been active in many fields of sustainability, from the social realm and economy to renewable energy and eco-building, and she lives in a straw bale house that she built together with her husband, a Peruvian architect.
Damanhur is home to a very active, multilingual community of 600 people. It is nestled in the alpine foothills north of Piedmont, Italy, between Turin and Aosta, in the lush, green valley of Valchiusella.
Damanhur is a Federation of spiritual communities, with its own Constitution, culture, art, music, currency, schools and uses of science and technology. It was founded in 1975 and slowly expanded into a United Nations award-winning sustainable eco-community. Staying true to founder Falco’s original vision of a community based upon ethical and spiritual values, Damanhur has captivated attention around the world as a laboratory for experimenting with sustainable ways of living, in harmony with nature and its elements and forces.
Damanhur is perhaps best known for its extraordinary subterranean work of art and architecture, a cathedral known as the Temples of Humankind. It has been profiled on international television as the “Eighth Wonder of The World.” This complex was entirely dug by hand into the heart of the mountain. Decorated with mosaics, stained glass, sculptures, wall paintings and other works of art, it is dedicated to the awakening the divine spark present in every human being.
The day before the Training of Trainers, you have a chance to join a half-day tour of the famous Temples of Humankind. The price of the tour is the same for all visitors to the temples, and not included in the training price.
Terms and Conditions
Registration is validated by payment of the full course fee, and a space on the course is guaranteed only through payment of the course fee in full
All cancellations must be made in writing to [email protected] If you have to cancel your participation in the training, you are welcome to nominate someone to take your place. In case you cannot find a replacement, the following rules apply:
- If you cancel more than four weeks before the training start date, we will refund the amount you have paid minus £55 for administrative costs.
- If you cancel within four weeks of theworkshop start date, we will refund 50% of your payment after deducting £55 for administrative costs.
- If you cancel within one week of the workshop, we are unable to refund any of your payment.
- If you cancel after the workshop has started, we are unable to refund any of your payment.
If we have to cancel a workshop:
Sometimes we have to cancel a training due to unforeseen circumstances or low numbers. We will notify you of this four weeks before the start date of your workshop. In these circumstances, we will refund the full amount that you paid.
We reserve the right to refuse admission to our programmes if, on arrival, participation appears to be inappropriate. We also reserve the right to ask any participant to leave if their behaviour is disruptive to the training or the function of our host venue, or interferes with the rights of others. In the final instance, all matters arising from a dispute are subject to Scottish law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
All participants are awarded a certificate of completion, provided no more than 10% of sessions have been missed
The training does not automatically qualify participants to be certificed GEN Trainers. To become a GEN Trainer, participants must fill in the GEN Trainer application form, and pass an interview to ascertain their suitability to be certified, or determine any additional steps required to be so.
By signing up to this training, you agree to these terms and conditions