Rancho Delicioso is a 20 Hectare (50 acre) property in the center of the Southern Nicoya Peninsula, which is the prettiest beach area of Costa Rica, and includes the beach towns of Montezuma and Santa Teresa.
The current vision of the project is to create an organic community of eco-minded artists, especially those involved in the performance arts and yoga. Currently, all the lots that have been sold are to people who are musicians, artists, etc.
At the heart of Rancho Delicioso is an organic farm, part of which is owned by Anamaya Yoga Resort. Anamaya is investing in its own lots (1 1/4 acres) and is using another 2-3 acres for orchards and additional gardening. The idea is to grow the food for the yoga retreat guests, to provide local, fresh, and organic produce. We are hoping to be able to break even or save a bit of money by doing our own growing, while simultaneously doing the following:
1. Research center for local organic farming efforts.
2. Information about organic growing techniques, published on the internet
3. International volunteer center to bring talented people who will help with the farming, create their own exotic projects and research revolving around organic farming, permaculture, and green building.
4. Aquaponics installation and research ponds.
5. Green building research, using local materials, providing information to the public about sustainable and affordable building techniques.
6. Recycling and up-cycling art, construction techniques, and research using materials provided by the area’s recycling center next door.
7. A once-weekly organic restaurant using our own produce, with various guest chefs from among local restaurants and hotels.
8. A large covered geodesic-type dome for public events, and a future circus.
We are currently looking for hard-working volunteers who would like to participate, and we have a PYC (Permaculture and Yoga Center) program of 1-2 weeks with an Introduction to Permaculture course, daily yoga, and swimming trips to a waterfall and the area’s gorgeous beaches.
Volunteer Program: http://ranchodelicioso.com/volunteer/
Permaculture and Yoga Program: http://ranchodelicioso.com/permaculture-yoga-course-pyc/