Solaris Valhalla has just recently begun our Community. Currently we have 5 members (2 Families), 5 adults and 3 children. We are looking to expand by gaining approximately 10 more members.
Our Community operates on a very simple system as follows:
1) Each member has an acre of land chosen from the 10 acres we currently have to use as a place to build, garden, and live.
2) We have a community kitchen in the main house. This is where all community meals are prepared and served.
3) All members work on the farm, or outside of the farm to add to the financial security to the community.
4) Everyone who lives in our community upholds the farm’s ideals of sustainability, green living, and community morals.
5) Solaris Valhalla does not discriminate, and accepts all nationalities, races, and religions.
Our entire farm is Off-Grid, and Sustainable.
The following is from the main page of our public website:
Solaris Valhalla is a small CSA farm consisting of a group of caring people working and living together in a sustainable environment while reducing our impact on it.
Our CSA program is one of the most important parts of Solaris Valhalla, providing fresh produce to our members every week during the growing season. If you are unfamiliar with CSA programs please visit our CSA Program page.
Solaris Valhalla holds free workshops and classes on such topics as alternative energy, water harvesting, organic farming, homesteading, and more.
Membership & Visitors
- Current members: 2
Work Exchange welcome, Volunteers welcome,