Ecovillage Design Cards
The New Edition in 10 different languages and optionally with corresponding SDGs for each Ecovillage Principle
These beautiful cards are a flexible and creative way to explore whole systems regeneration.
After gaining experience from working with the cards in communities and organisations in 35 countries on all continents, GEN has gathered abundant feedback to upgrade and finetune GEN’s 32 Ecovillage Principles which translate into our 32 Ecovillage Design Cards.
The cards are divided into five groups – four Areas of Regeneration (culture, economy, ecology and social) arranged around one central path of transformation: integral design.
Here you can discover all 32 Ecovillage Design Cards in a virtual presentation on the Map of Regeneration, where you can zoom into each of the five groups.
Additionally are GEN’s Ecovillage Design Cards now available for digital download in ten different languages and the print cards are optionally available with corresponding SDGs for each Ecovillage Principle as a practical guide to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
So each Ecovillage Design Card is composed of the Ecovillage Principle, the corresponding Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and questions of the Ecovillage Impact Assessment (Level 1). Below you can find a video that introduces and presents the SDG Edition of the Ecovillage Design Cards on the Map of Regeneration.
Together, they make up a tool for play, reflection, dialogue, learning, research and design – for individuals, groups, projects, organisations and communities.
Use them to
- Explore the more beautiful world we know in our hearts is possible
- See the interconnectedness between all areas of regeneration
- Identify your unique contribution to a regenerative way of living
- Design pathways into a regenerative future with your community or team
- Experience fields of collective wisdom
- And much more…
The cards come with a booklet bursting with inspiration and instructions for a multitude of ways to start playing and designing today. Let’s transform our presence on this planet together – one heart, one community, one team and one organisation at a time. If you want to inspire others, this is the way to go!
Languages Available as a printed product:
- English (+SDG Edition)
Unfortunately, our German Cards have a misprint on the back of 6 cards of their 32 cards as they have the back cover of social instead of culture. Therefore we offer them at a 20% reduced price. Still, they are fully functional and the more important front side of the cards with the ecovillage design principles and pictures are absolutely correct.
Languages Available as a digital download:
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Small – A6: 59 x 91mm or 2.3 x 3.6 in (for individuals and groups of all sizes)
- Classic – A5:148 x 210 mm or 5.8 x 8.3 in (for groups up to 15)
- Large – A4: 210 x 297 mm or 8.3 x 11.7 in (for groups up to 30)
- Jumbo – A3: 297 x 420 mm or 11.7 x 16.5 in (for groups up to 100)
If you don’t see the Size or Language you’d like in stock, please contact GEN.
GEN goes the extra mile in research and relationship-making in order to make sure that our printers are ecologically and socially conscious. For these cards this includes:
- Vegetable Oil based inks
- 100% Recycled paper
- 100% Wind Power printed
- High Efficiency equipment and processes
- Waste reduced, with 95% of all waste Recycled
- Supports Reforestation (as well as other social programs)