Before you start, read the Solution Library Guidelines
Before you start, it is important to know what the Solution Library means with ‘solution’. Please read on for clarification, as well as further guidelines for use.
What an SL solution is not:
- It’s not a description of a phenomenon (for that there are encyclopedias)
- It’s not a description of something that happened somewhere (that’s news)
- It’s not a description of a particular product or company (that’s advertisement)
What an SL solution is:
- Something that can solve a problem or alleviate a challenge
- Something that is workable: people can actually use and apply this solution
- Something that helps create a more sustainable world (socially, environmentally, culturally and/or economically)
- Something that has links to more information on the web
If your solution does not have any links to more information, then we invite you to enrich the world by creating an article about your solution on Appropedia.com or Ekopedia.com, and link this article to your solution in the Solution Library.
Add any Solution
We invite you to add any solution you like: innovative or traditional, well-known or very original, small or large scale, hands-on or academic, your personal invention, or something you stumbled upon while browsing the internet… As long as they are in line with the criteria described above, any solution is welcome.
The Solution Library is meant for all people of the Earth community. Therefore, you may provide your solution in different languages (currently English, Spanish and German). Please use English as main language and the Translate tool to create the translation into another language – and make it available for even more people. Thank you for contributing!
Please remember that the Solution Library is a directory, not an encyclopedia. This means that we ask you to provide just a short description of your solution, and then provide links to more information. This keeps the Solution Library easy to browse for your fellow-users.
Solution Library Policies
Use at your own Responsibility
The Solution Library and GEN take no responsibility over the accuracy of content of solutions, experiences, comments or any other information provided on this website.
The Solution Library and GEN do not guarantee that the information on this website is error-free. The Solution Library merely facilitates information exchange. This means that – as with any collaboratively created resource as is the Solution Library – the content of solutions, experiences and comments can be provided by anyone in the world. Some of the information therefore will inevitably be wrong – as with anything on the internet.
Despite our efforts to minimize false information, no guarantees can be made.
- Understand that nobody is responsible for anything you do with the information on this website, except yourself.
- Exercise extreme caution when using SL solutions or the advice of SL users.
- Take appropriate precautions for your own safety and the safety of others.
- Consult a professional in case of doubt, or when dealing with hazardous situations such as construction, water management or health issues.
- Always read solutions and other information provided with a critical mindset.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. GEN and all involved partners make no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, GEN and all involved partners do not warrant that:
* this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
* the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit GEN or any involved partners liability in respect of any:
– death or personal injury caused by GEN and all involved partners negligence;
fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of GEN and all involved partners ; or
– matters which it would be illegal or unlawful for GEN and all involved partners to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.