Costa Rica Learning Immersion: March – April 2020
- GEN Training of Trainer Course @ Rancho Mastatal, March 21 – 25
- GEN Introduction and all inclusive Ecovillage Tour of Tacotal, Alegria and La Ecovilla communities, March 27 – 29
- Ecovillage Startup Training @ Punta Mona, March 31 – April 5
If you 2 of these trainings together, we are happy to offer you a 5% discount on your course fee – and if you book all 3, you get 15% off. Special discounts for Costa Rica nationals, GEN Ambassadors, EDE Trainers and Friends of GEN!
GEN Education actively collaborates with Ecovillages and Ecovillage Trainers from a great diversity of cultures and backgrounds to deliver unique immersive learning experiences. Our certified trainings either take place in Ecovillages around the world, or through our expert facilitators travelling to your group or organisation to deliver bespoke workshops.
We are currently building our new web platform and full catalogue of ecovillage based trainings around the world. In the meantime, whether you are a learner looking for inspiration, an organisation in search of new skills, or an ecovillage or educator interested in running GEN Certified trainings, do not hesitate to get in touch – [email protected]
Our expanding range of training opportunities is designed to support participants:
- Build a regenerative skills portfolio through certified trainings in the world’s most exciting ecovillages
- Transform projects, organisations, neighbourhoods or communities through through participatory methods and an innovative framework integrating social, cultural, economic and ecological regeneration
- Design, facilitate and implement community-led pathways to regenerative futures
- Gain inner and outer skills that safeguard the long-term impact, creativity and resilience of changemakers
- Work to fulfill the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Climate Change Agreement in collaborative and innovative ways
- Cocreate ecovillages through collaborative journeys of transformation and participatory design, integrating Ecovillage Principles, innovations and solutions in everyday life, regardless of where or how you live.
All GEN Trainings are created to support Ecovillage implementation. To us, being an ecovillage or living an ecovillage lifestyle is an ongoing process of learning, finding leverage points, implementing solutions, and catalysing the power of community for a regenerative future – regardless of who you are or where you live.
Our flexible core curriculum consist of:
Ecovillage Presentation: inspiring sessions on the power of holistic and community-led initiatives for positive change and regeneration worldwide.
Ecovillage Design Introduction – Inspiration to Action: a short workshop introducing the holistic view of regeneration and participatory design at the heart of the ecovillage model.
GEN Ambassador Training – Increase your Impact: a one day add-on to the Ecovillage Design Introduction, created to support participants use GEN tools to communicate and spread the word of ecovillages
GEN Training of Trainers – Catalyse Communities for a Regenerative World: an opportunity to increase your confidence as a changemaker by strengthening your capacity to teach, facilitate and train people using GEN’s unique tools and ecovillage based pedagogy
Ecovillage Design Training – Creating Regenerative Communities: an applied training in using ecovillage principles, participatory methodologies and whole-systems design to cocreate win-win opportunities for increased local and global regeneration
Thriving Together – Social Skills for Building Community: an experiential training in ecovillage based tools for living well together, creating empowering, fair and dynamic communities designed to care for both people and planet
People and Planet – Skills and Solutions for Ecological Living: a hands-on training in ecovillage-based approaches to create human lifestyles and settlements that contribute to ecological regeneration and wellbeing for all
Social Innovation for Resilient Communities – Skills for Regenerative Entrepreneurship: a practical introduction to social entrepreneurship as a way of using personal skills, initiative and passion to make a living in ways that contribute to the wellbeing of yourself and the world around you
Be the Change – Tools for Regenerative Activism: an immersive training in regenerative individual and collective practices that support the long-term impact, creativity and resilience of changemakers
Deepening Resilience – Inner Skills for Leadership and Transformation: an experiential training in tools for inner transformation and regeneration designed to deepen and empower your work in the world
Trauma Transformation in Community – Skills for Prevention and Integration of Trauma: an exploration of tools and methods that support turning traumatic experiences into collective resources for designing regenerative systems
For complete course descriptions or to know more, get it touch with us at [email protected]!
We are currently designing our web platform and are actively building partnerships with ecovillages and trainers interested in offering GEN Certified trainings – if this is you, please email our Education Director Anna Kovasna directly at [email protected]
We are looking forward to co-creating and sharing with you!