We are a group of families and individuals developing conscious, authentic and eco-mindful living. We enjoy a culture of singing, meditating, working, gardening, celebrating and learning together, as well as hosting events for the wider community.
Some things that inspire us:
• Developing our resonance with each other and our surroundings.
• Singing together.
• Authentic communication.
• Coming together to share our feelings and challenges, and resolve any conflict.
• Living in a beautiful place in touch with the spirit of the land.
• Growing some of our food.
• Developing skills for sustainable living.
• The alchemy of doing things together.
• What we discover through our journey together and how this helps us to grow.
• Respect for individual spirituality and different approaches to life.
We inhabit about 10 acres of land and buildings in the rolling green hills of Devon UK just outside Totnes the founding town of the Transition Network. There are around 35 adults and 15 children living in separate private homes and sharing our land and lives. At the centre of the community is a large Manor house splitt into 4 households including a communal home. The surrounding buildings: Coach House and Well House have been converted to provide 13 homes plus there are 2 existing cottages creating 19 homes in all.
We have around 3 acres of orchard and vegetable gardens including 2 polytunnels. We have replanted around an acre of woodland and have large lawns and gardens. We share a community building where we have our shared meals, social events, film club, daily meditation and weekly meetings. Other facilities include a workshop, tree house, and the Angel Hall a grand room in the manor house that we use for our singing together and invite others to use for workshops and events.
Membership & Visitors
- Current members: 35
- Not currently open to new members, but might be in the future
- Open to visitors
Contact us by email [email protected] to arrange a visit and take part in one of our community action days