A socially and environmentally responsible, economically viable rural subdivision north of Brisbane (Australia), Crystal Waters was established in 1987. It received the 1996 World Habitat Award (assessed by Dr Wally N’Dow) for its “pioneering work in demonstrating new ways of low impact, sustainable living”.
83 freehold residential and 2 commercial lots occupy 20% of the 259ha (640 acre) property. The remaining 80% is the best land, and is owned in common. It can be licensed for sustainable agriculture, forestry, recreation and habitat projects.
The village centre is zoned for commerce, light industry, tourism and educational activities.
- Current members: 210
- Current collaborators: 10
Non-working Guests welcome, Work Exchange welcome,