Blue Zone Side Event COP22
Improving Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs): Ecovillage Development, Energy Access, and Zero Carbon Societies in Africa, Asia & The European Union
How can local solutions lead to ambitious INDCs, provide energy access & improve livelihoods?
Many ecovillages and local communities are net zero carbon, energy self-sufficient, and offer wonderful opportunities to scale up local renewables, climate friendly agriculture, ecosystem restoration, etc. During this session we will describe extraordinary examples and success stories for scaling up and implementing best practices.
- Kosha Joubert Executive Director, Global Ecovillage Network, GEN, Scotland;
- Tim Clarke GEN and Board, ECOLISE, Europe;
- Linda Kabaira Board, GENAfrica, Zimbabwe
- Delegate Government of Bhutan
- Kavita Myles INFORSESouth Asia / INSEDA, India;
- Dumindu Herath Integrated Development Association IDEA, SriLanka;
- Shovana Maharjan Center for Rural Technology CRT, Nepal;
- M.Mahmodul Hasan Grameen Shakti, Bangladesh;
- Santosh Patnaik Climate Action Network South Asia CANSA;
- Paul Allen Center for Alternative Technology CAT, UK;
- Preben Maegaard & Leire Gorrona International Network for Sustainable Energy (INFORSE), Denmark