Cool Villages Cool Lives supports work in GENs target areas of Ecovillage Development/ Transition, Consultancy, and the research of 100 showcase ecovillages around the world. Beneficiaries are GEN members and trainers, researchers and the general public. Outputs are:
- An ecovillage impact assessment tool tested on 30 ecovillages, related to the SDGs and indexes like Carbon Footprint, Gross National Happiness, and Happy Planet
- The identification of 100 showcase ecovillages around the world
- A workshop series including the Ecovillage Taster and Introduction, and several thematic ecovillage solution workshops in the fields of holistic and participatory design, social entrepreneurship, ecology and social sustainability.
- A set of 34 ecovillage playing cards depicting core principles of the sustainability mandala, including translations to Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Burmese, French, German, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish Tamil and Thai.
- The development of a participatory Ecovillage Game using the Ecovillage Playing Cards and the Evoneers Journey story of regeneration and change.