Thanks to support from the German Foreign Ministry, GEN in partnership with Better World Cameroon successfully ran a 25 days Ecovillage Design Education (EDE) for 25 youths and stakeholders in Cameroon and abroad. This Training had the following outputs:
- Climate related issues to the 54 villages of Bafut and support for them in the creation of a community resilience plan towards its 2020 vision to transition into an Ecovillages.
- 25 young people built new skills in social entrepreneurship and cooperative development.
- The construction of plant propagators and a greenhouse, a showcase on climate mitigation at the Bafut Ecovillage demo site for further learning and sharing.
- The connection between like minded organizations in the field of climate change and food sovereignty was strengthened through the legalization of a GEN Cameroon.
- A forum of sharing created between participants, local facilitators and members of GEN Cameroon and GEN International.
There are plans to fundraise within the year 2017 to follow up on the resilience plan and start transitioning Bafut into an Eco Municipality.