- Date: 2 September 2018 – 15 March 2019
- Location: Wongsanit Ashram, Near Bangkok, Thailand
- Run by:
- Art & Celebration
- Contextualised Design
- Diversity & Cohesion
- Ecosystem Restoration
- Green Building
- Health & Healing
- Leadership & Governance
- Lifelong Education
- Mindfulness & Self Reflection
- Nature Connection
- Planetary Boundaries
- Renewable Energy & Transport
- Seeds, Food & Soil
- Sharing & Collaboration
- Trust & Communication
- Vision & Purpose
- Water Cycles
- Wisdom & Innovation
Awakening Leadership Training is a 6 month empowerment training based in Thailand that weaves inner transformation and societal understanding with techniques for community building and effective mindful leadership. It provides space for dialogue, reflection and contemplation on the deep questions facing humanity and our planet. It will help you to take new steps with increased confidence, broadened perspective, and enhanced social change skills. You can join for one week, or the full 6 month course, engaging in the learning process that emphasises inner cultivation as a foundation for fostering new paradigm leadership.
This program is developed in partnership with Gaia Education, and is offering a pioneering Advanced Ecovillage Design Education certification. The learning journey integrates and deepens exploration of four dimensions of sustainability: social, economic, worldview and ecological, as well as incorporating a fifth dimension on Skillful Means for Social Transformation.
The program is based at Wongsanit Ashram (near Bangkok) eco-community, and we will take journeys to live and learn with indigenous, grassroot and intentional communities across Thailand, explore and experiment with community building and self governance, and participate in the co-creation of knowledge together.
It is designed to support people committed to social change to:
HEART – Deepen self awareness and compassion to stay balanced to cope with the uncertainties of the present world situation
HEAD – Broaden perspectives on social and environmental issues
HANDS – Develop practical skills and meta-skills
SPIRIT – Cultivate Right Mindfulness as the key factor for awakening
- The journey grounded in critical self awareness as a foundation for personal growth. Mindfulness practice is embedded into the daily rhythms in order for participants to become present, calm and develop emotional stability, empathy and compassion
- Participants and facilitators co-create the body of knowledge together. This includes sharing of authority and self-governance within the learning community created during the course.
- Rigorous analytical thinking and reflecting both individually and collectively on issues and experiences as a key part of the learning process.
- Emphasis on learning how to unlearn and relearn as a critical component of moving towards a new paradigm.
Learning, playing, working and meditating are merged into one process to develop compassion, wisdom, intellectual understanding and social commitment.