GEN is currently looking for a
Work Location: Remote, or from GEN Office in Findhorn, Scotland
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 80 hours per month, flexible on when they are worked
Compensation: £15 per hour
Trial period: This position is submitted to a trial period of 3 months.
Application deadline: 28 February 2019
Starting Date: April 1, 2019 (or as soon as possible)
For more information, please contact Paulo Bessa at [email protected]
Communications acts as the connective thread of GEN to the outside world, through social media, newsletters, and the press to promote GEN’s values and ideals to ecovillage friends and allies around the world.
By offering information, tools and examples to the people and ecovillages of the network, it serves to create clear information about GEN and strives to nurture relationships and engage eco-activists throughout our global network. Ultimately, it is cultivating and curating best practices, and sharing highlights to connect communities for a more sustainable world.
- Strategy (estimated 20% of time)
- Play a lead role in developing the Communication Strategy for GEN, with consideration of GEN’s overall mission, strategy, and targets
- Pursue creation and completion of annual communications goals
- Assemble Annual Report in collaboration with Interns
- Brand (estimated 20% of time)
- Help GEN to maintain and grow a high profile online presence and vibrant brand
- Provide direction to GEN’s Designer
- Oversee development of brochures and other outreach tools
- Ensure the Communication Strategy and Brand Identity are implemented throughout GEN.
- Communications (estimated 60% of time)
- Social Media – oversee GEN’s presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- PR/Media – coordinate media relations, articles/interviews, press releases
- Website content – ensure content and design of GEN website is up to date
- Newsletter – coordinate monthly newsletter
- Work with Networking Director to support Communications for GEN Regions and Showcase Ecovillages
- Coordinate (with Networking Director) the annual Hildur Jackson Award
- Set up communications to promote campaigns and Friends of GEN
- At least 5 years’ experience in the areas of public relations, communications, and/or marketing
- Experience with communicating to a large diverse audience
- Writing and social media experience. Internet savvy!
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with staff, and to communicate effectively with external partners and funders
- Understanding and agreement with the core values of GEN
- Excellent software proficiency (Google Drive, Gmail, MS Office, Skype, Slack, Zoom)
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Ability, motivation, and temperament to solve problems.
- Ability to work in an environment of emergence, deep complexity and multitasking.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Additional language competences are a highly appreciated bonus.
- Experience with crowdfunding, donations and fundraising is a bonus.