- Date: 15 June 2020
Land & Water Management Certificate
In the coming decades, the negative impacts of climate change and environmental degradation on societies and ecosystems will only intensify. Addressing these challenges requires training in the social, economic, and environmental aspects of environmental problems and solutions. The three-course sequence of the Land & Water Management Certificate provides students with the foundational interdisciplinary knowledge needed to develop solutions to complex environmental challenges.
- Required Course: Resource Management (ESPM 102c)
- Policy Elective (select one of the following)
- International Environmental Politics (ESPM 169)
- Field Elective (select one of the following)
- Sustainable Water and Food Security (ESPM 177A)
- Principles of Conservation Biology (ESPM c103)
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (ESPM 72)
For course descriptions and schedule, visit the UC Berkeley Course Catalog and Schedule of Classes. International students are encouraged to apply welcome! Please visit the Summer Sessions International Homepage. For more information about instructors, visit our Summer Instructors page.
Instructions for Obtaining a Certificate (non-UC students only)
Simply enroll in a Summer Session to reserve your classes, fill out the Intent to Complete an ESPM Summer Certificate form by June 26, 2020, and complete and email the Completion of Summer Certificate form by August 31 for 2020.