- Date: 11:00 3 – 20 October 2022 (ends 16:00)
- Location: Gaia Ashram, 149M1 , Banthat, Phen , Udonthani, 41150, Thailand, Thailand
- Run by:
Join us at Gaia Ashram for this 18 days Permaculture Design Certificate Course (PDC in short) from the 3rd of October until the 20th of October, 2022.The Permaculture Design Course equips you with the knowledge and an understanding on how to design sustainable living systems for a wide variety of landscapes and climates.This PDC at Gaia Ashram will give you the Permaculture theory and the hands-on skills & experience.
Gaia Ashram is an Ecovillage & Permaculture Education center established in 2012 on 6 hectares of land that we are actively regenerating in the North East of Thailand. Gaia Ashram design is based on Permaculture & Ecovillage principles therefore by joining our community you will also learn about community living.
We strongly believe that there never was a bigger need for spreading knowledge of Permaculture and related sustainable living practices. Especially now after the COVID-19 pandemic and increased climatic changes. In these times people’s empowerment and community experience is the right response to change.
The PDC has a team of experienced facilitators that will cover the PDC 72 hours curriculum. Usually a PDC takes 12-14 days to complete but at Gaia Ashram we belief in the importance of experiencing the knowledge. This is why we made the course 18 days to allow for time to incorporate hands-on activities to make sure you experience the knowledge through the hands.
Here are just a few things you’ll learn:
• Philosophies, ethics, and principles of permaculture
• Patterns in nature
• Methods of design; how to apply permaculture design tools and methodology
• Climatic factors and strategies for all major climates and how to work with them
• Trees, forests, and forest gardening
• Agroforestry and propagation
• Gardening techniques for self-sufficiency, plant guilds
• Water management
• Properties of soil
• Natural building techniques
• Urban permaculture strategies and approaches
• Community living and alternative lifestyles that harmonize people and the planet
Taking a PDC at Gaia Ashram, apart from learning about the PDC you will also learn about:
Ecovillage Lifestyle and Ecovillage Design. We will provide introductory sessions on Ecovillage Design Principles with experienced teachers in Ecovillage Design Education.
Deep Ecology and The Work That Reconnects : Gaia Ashram was inspired by Deep Ecology philosophy, Ecovillage Movement and Permaculture.
Permaculture Internship after the PDC : If you take a Permaculture Design Certificate Course with us. You will gain a privilege to join our three month Permaculture Internship Fee for a reduced rate.
“May all the work we do be of benefit to Mother Earth & all her Beings!”