- Date: 13 January – 2 February 2020
- Location: Khaama Kethna Holistic Wellbeing Retreat Centre, India
- Run by:
- Alliance Building
- Art & Celebration
- Contextualised Design
- Defend & Protect
- Diversity & Cohesion
- Ecosystem Restoration
- Green Building
- Health & Healing
- Intervention & Transformation
- Leading from the Future
- Lifelong Education
- Mindfulness & Self Reflection
- Nature Connection
- Planetary Boundaries
- Prototyping & Feedback
- Renewable Energy & Transport
- Responsible Consumption
- Seeds, Food & Soil
- Sharing & Collaboration
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Trust & Communication
- Vision & Purpose
- Water Cycles
- Whole Systems Thinking
- Wisdom & Innovation
- Zero Waste
20 Artists, 20 Days, 4 Disciplines: brought together in an off grid jungle laboratory under the Goan sun, in response to the climate crisis. Open conversations, radical collaborations and a reconciliation of humankind and the natural world. Join us in sowing the seeds of change. Wildbiyoo.
Wildbiyoo is dedicating January 2020 to the arts to summon the world’s most progressive thinkers and creatives to join us in reckoning with the greatest existential crisis of our times. The mission of the month is to investigate how creatives can facilitate new dialogue, inspire social and political transformations and reimagine our relationship to nature in response to climate breakdown. With both self-directed and guided residencies, workshops & debate forums, unmatched opportunities for collaborations, play, experimentation and adventure, residents become part of a thriving community of changemakers standing up for the Planet.
At Khaama Kethna Holistic Wellbeing Retreat Cenre, a 12.5-acre ecovillage and meditation centre in South Goa, nestled in the Malabar Coast moist forest at the foothills of the Western Ghats, one of the world’s few and fragile biodiversity hotspots. Though fragmented and struggling in its battle with reckless tourist development and unchecked power, the area is awe-inspiring in its biodiversity and growing tide of community resilience. Since 2016,
With Extinction Rebellion and school strikes sweeping their way around the globe in demand of greater climate action, community awareness is greater than ever. Governments and corporations are running out of excuses – the clock is ticking for all of us. Faced with climate breakdown, there can be no borders, no race, no privilege. Only a collective thirst for transparency, inclusiveness, open dialogue and respect for others and our Planet. Wildbiyoo’s ambition is to rally artists across the globe to help us build on this momentum and inspire people the world over to step up for real and inspiring change.
How can we facilitate new dialogue, inspire social and political transformations and reimagine our relationship to nature in response to climate breakdown?
4 immersive 3-week residencies in 4 different disciplines set in the Kankon jungle of South Goa to explore the question of climate resilience through art collaborations, community, and collective dialogue.
- Multidisciplinary // Self-Directed
- Sculpture // Guided
- Storytelling // Guided
- Music // Guided
MORE INFO: www.wildbiyoo.com/residency
Non-Indian Applicants: 73,000 MRP
Indian Applications: 54,700 MRP
What’s included: Food – Accommodation – Mentoring – Workshops – Group Critique – Forum with Guest Speakers – Documentation of Work – Studio Workspace – Arts & Music Festival
NB: MATERIALS AND MEANS OF TRANSPORT TO AND FROM THE RESIDENCY ARE NOT PROVIDED
– We are a non-profit entity without direct funding, working within the limited means that we have. Our program fees are listed under each residency and go towards sustaining the project and local communities involved, as well as the costs of all logistics and activities arranged for artists on site.
– We wish to make this project accessible for all. Financial aid is currently not available on all of our programs for those without the means to fund their travel privately or project cost. We suggest applying for public funding and support schemes, grant writing and offering work exchange. Get in touch if you are interested in learning more about how to fund your experience, or require a letter from us to aid in your application.
Goa’s first ever zero-waste eco-festival celebrating the culmination of a month long Art for Climate Justice Residency Program.
Wildbiyoo’s mission is to carve out a place for communities to connect, create and recreate whilst fostering awareness, resilience and positive engagement to issues of planetary scale. Join us to celebrate biodiversity through eco-sensitive art, innovation, local craftsmanship and traditional cultures.
Wildbiyoo – sowing the seeds of change.
MORE INFO & TICKETS AT www.wildbiyoo.com