2018 Internship Program
In a nutshell:
GENNA is seeking three passionate individuals to work as an Administrative Team (aka Synergy Team) from August to December 2018 to support the development of key initiatives within the sustainable communities movement in North America. The expected number of hours per week is 15 hours. We are searching for candidates with a desire to learn more about sustainable living and community!
Why is this role important for GENNA?
Our internship program puts emerging professionals at the heart of a cross-field of sustainability and community. Interns will receive mentorship and work alongside intentional community leaders (who we call Stewards). We count on Interns to uncover insights by spending time engaging with Stewards, complete thoughtful quality work, and spread enthusiasm about our projects. This role is for you if you’re excited to leverage administrative skills and the power of alliance building to transform lives while envisioning a more sustainable planet.
Once an Intern you will:
- Coordinate in-person and virtual meetings with Stewards
- Create and maintain systems of communication
- Maintain relations with the Global Ecovillage Network
- Collaborate with GENNA’s partner organizations to advance shared projects
- Co-designing educational programs, events, and services for communities
What does GENNA offer you?
GENNA is a (mostly) remote working organization based North America. We offer you the opportunity to work from anywhere within the US and Canada while simultaneously plugging into thousands of regenerative communities around the world. Optionally, you can request placement in one of our network’s ecovillages (with reduced living costs). Stipend payment is based on your share of hours worked within the team and our available budget.
Learn more about GENNA!
GENNA is the North American chapter of the Global Ecovillage Network. Check out our website to learn more about our mission to catalyze communities for a regenerative future: www.ecovillage.org
Relevant experience and mindset:
- Any of the following skills: design, social media, communication, finance, administration, business
- Able to manage competing priorities with a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Enjoys creative problem-solving in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Flexible, proactive and optimistic
Application requirements and instructions:
To apply, send a 1-2 page letter of intention to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1st, 2018. Please explain why you are a good fit for this role, what skills you have to offer, and your interest in the sustainable communities movement.