The project will promote the integration of Ukrainian ecovillages into the world’s space.
Until 2018, the world community had almost no knowledge about the ecovillages of Ukraine. “Green School”, GEN-Ukraine and lecturer of the Department of Philosophy of KPI Petrova Svetlana found that:
– some ecovillages don’t want to be members of GEN and be affixed to the GEN map;
– few of the settlers speak English;
– settlers almost do not share information in the Internet about eco-technologies and how to build a community.
– Environmental technologies and peculiarities of building relationships in the ecovillages of Ukraine are quite interesting and promising.
1) visiting all ecovillages of Ukraine and collecting information, conducting sociological surveys;
2) scientific research to find out what goals of sustainable development in ecovillages are followed, as well as the generalization of the experience of building social relations in ecovillages and its philosophical comprehension.
- publication of the catalog of ecovillages of Ukraine that will contain information about their experience, methods and tools that can be applied globally,
- publication of scientific articles,
- creation of a site on ecovillages.
- Educational and integration activities
2.1. Informing Ukrainian ecovillages about the possibilities of membership of GEN and world experience in building sustainable communities;
2.2. Informing the Ukrainian authorities about the problems, opportunities and prospects of ecovillages in Ukraine and in the world,
2.3. Informing the general public about the activities of the ecovillages of Ukraine and the world;
2.4. Promoting dialogue between ecovillages, scientists, government and eco-activists
- creation of a site on ecovillages;.
- holding a scientific seminar “Еcovillages and Sustainable Development in Ukraine and the World”
- celebration of the Day of Sustainable Communities of 2019 in Ukraine.
Membership & Visitors
- Open to new members
- Open to visitors