The uncertainty of unstructured and un-organized tourism service from local household brings negative effects to the environment and cause unsustainable development. With the explosion of tourism in Vietnam, it has destroyed some natures, landscapes and they turn out to become touristic places. It demolishes the culture of the locals and all the beauty of traditions. YESD would like provide responsible tours where everybody has certain responsibility to preserve traditions and culture of the local place, to protect the environment and to contribute to the economic development.
With our main goal is to spread the concept of sustainable tourism to every tourist, tour operator and local people, YESD has designed campaigns to raise awareness of people about sustainable tourism.
Every party participates in this sector having responsibility to follow responsible tourism guidelines to develop natural environment, economy and socio-cultural of the project sites in particular and country in general.
– Organize training courses and campaigns to raise awareness of local people, foreign tourists in sustainable tourism and motivate them follow sustainable tourism guidelines
– Provide tourists with responsible tours where they can contribute to the local community development in environment, society and economy aspects. And they will be deep into the local life with discovering local breath, culture and traditions
Build capacity for local people in Hill tribes in sustainable tourism
This is the combination of education and responsible tourism. We do research about the project site and choose the local place with potential to develop responsible tourism. With the success in Ha Giang responsible tourism model, YESD replicates this to apply in other areas, aiming in building capacity for local people and supporting them in develop responsible tourism area to increase livelihood, increase job creation, preserve the traditions and culture and protect the environment
- Teach local people in English and Responsible tourism skills to become tour guides and tour managers
- Organize workshops and trainings to provide local people with managing skills so that they can manage tourism activities
- Help local people preserve the traditions by maintaining traditional products
- Help local people open more tourism service: homestay, herbal bath, handicraft…
- Instruct local people in doing marketing for tours
- And many other activities