Harmony Woods is a forming ecovillage in rural southeast Tennessee based on ecology and sustainability. We are currently looking for rural land. Why southeast Tennessee?
1. Natural beauty. There are mountains, rivers, lakes, waterfalls in abundance.
2. Outdoor activities. Hiking, biking, kayaking (white water), boating, hang gliding, etc.
3. Moderate climate. I prefer to live in a climate I don’t want to escape from at certain times of the year. Moderate climate = long growing season.
4. Abundant rainfall. This makes it easy to supply our needs with just water catchment. It also obviously reduces the need for crop irrigation.
5. Good soil for farming.
6. Low cost of living.
7. More freedom. SE Tennessee has less restrictive building and zoning restrictions in certain counties.
Our goals are to grow as much of our own food as possible and use as many local and free resources as possible to live lightly on the earth and reduce our carbon footprint.
We are looking for open-minded, non-dogmatic, non-judgmental souls who share our values and are committed to the difficult work of transitioning to a life of authentic community.
Membership & Visitors
- Open to new members
- Not open to visitors