Ma Da Ecovillage is an ongoing project to transform a community in Dong Nai province into a self-resilient, sustainable village for residents and the city’s freelancers and remote working professionals.
The project’s original location is a remote village between Tri An Lake and the Ma Da Nature Reserve. Its proximity to the city (~2 hours drive), freshwater body, and tropical jungle make it ideal for living. However, most residents are living below the poverty line, leaving it with many social and environmental issues.
Our project first started with an eco-farmstay cum educational project to provide free classes for local children. It quickly receives supports and attention of city people who visited and fell in love with this village. We are on the way to create a small community of professional who is deciding to relocate their family to the village, to enjoy the pristine atmosphere while still be able to maintain their jobs.
The project aims to provide:
– Connection between the professionals and residents;
– Quality sustainable housing and community management;
– Educational services (homeschooling) for children;
– Agriculture management for residents;
Membership & Visitors
- Current members: 10
- Open to new members
- Open to visitors
We welcome new joiners to our community, as long as they share the values of what we are doing:
- Love this land and this local community
- Treasure nature and vow to protect it
- Want to live a simple rural life.