We are working to revive and redesign an ecovillage project initiated in the late 80’s, and abandoned in 2002. In 2003, we came here to protect the land, water, plants, and buildings, and to create a spiritual community based on universal and ecological values. Yacu Yura is located on 1,000 acres of hilly, semi wilderness area, with a warm, dry, Mediterranean climate.
We have been learning to grow organic food, recycle, channel water from our spring for irrigation, keep bees and chickens and to maintain the 9 adobe structures. Our electricity is solar and water is heated by wood stoves. We need help in gardening, permaculture projects, natural building repair, carpentry and plumbing.
At Yacu Yura we aspire to create a balance between the invisible and visible structures: between building healthy houses and creating healthy homes; between designing harmonious human settlements and transforming human consciousness; between creating rich, fertile top soil, and creating healthy beliefs, attitudes and thought forms. Our programs therefore reflect a balance between the so-called inner and outer realms.
A summary of our purposes:
1. To build a Center of light and love, a place of spiritual energy, positive vision, and hope for the world.
2. To be a non-profit educational center, offering programs for the public.
3. To support the integral/spiritual growth of its members and visitors.
4. To honor the presence of God/the Divine within each person and within all life, and to see everyday life as our spiritual teacher.
5. To be a center for the demonstration of attunement to nature, and a cooperative and ecologically based lifestyle; with organic gardening, recycling, water management, reforestation, cottage industries and
We are looking for abundant-hearted and abundant-minded people to be part of our community on a short-term or longer-term basis. Flexibility, a sense of humor and a spirit of adventure is very important.
Membership & Visitors
- Current members: 2
Work Exchange welcome, Volunteers welcome,