We are a group of +/- 10 Georgian and international people, planning to settle together in the countryside to pursue a sustainable lifestyle. We are creating an innovative living and working space for for 20 – 50 households. After a long searching period, we are in the process of buying a wonderful 6,5 ha land, at the foot of the Caucasus in sub tropical Kakheti, ca. 2 hours from Tbilisi.
We welcome people that share our values and want to become a resident, volunteer with us or contribute financially to buy and develop the land. We plan to buy the land in November 2023, and further develop it in the following months from Tbilisi. We can move earliest in the Summer of 2024.
Our vision: “We are a voluntarily self-organized, non-hierarchical community, thriving in mutual respect and support. We are co-learning and implementing approaches to Regenerative ecology and culture. Being interconnected with the wider community, we desire to create a sustainable society”
The village will feature:
– residential plots in private ownership where residents can create their own environmental friendly living space
– Co-housing spaces for volunteers, travelers and prospect members
– Community Center to connect, learn, organize events, trainings, retreats and host visitors.
– Communal gardens and food forest that will provide a large share of the food for inhabitants and visitors.
– Artisanal workshops and tool sharing
– Social and private businesses by (groups of) residents
– A kindergarten and a school based on modern child led education
Membership & Visitors
- Current members: 10
- Open to new members
- Open to visitors
We are in the process of buying our land in Eastern Georgia. We are open to more founding members and future residents, as well as volunteers. We do not yet live on the land and we work a lot online. We expect to start staying and building on the land in spring 2024. The land of the Ecovillage will be collectively owned by its inhabitants and community members, who will unite in a cooperative. Each inhabitant will own a share and is entitled to a plot of land to build their house and sustain themselves. The buildings and possible enterprise will be in private ownership. The cooperative will finance infrastructure and maintenance through its members/inhabitants shares and communal businesses.
If you share our values and would like to be part of Ecovillage Georgia, there are several options to join us:
1. As a residents you will live on the land and have access to your own plot of land to build your house/ place / small business and to community services. A share costs 5000 USD per person, which is re-fundable. You are also expected to contribute some of your time and talents to the development of the Ecovillage according to abilities. There will be an at least 3 month probation period of active participation as a prospective resident to make sure that the match is a good one for everyone. Within this period there
will be online and physical meetings.
2. As a supporter by giving a donation or a loan. You will have our eternal love and access to some community services and events.
3. As a volunteer: We are looking for builders, gardeners, financial and fundraising talents, legal specialists, communication coordinators, landscape planning, green architects, educators and other people who would like to work, learn and live with us.
Check www.ecovillagegeorgia.ge for news and contact information.