Our vision is to create a community that nurtures safety, happiness, a sense of presence and vision for the Future.
The Sanskrit word Shrunkhala which translates to Chain in English, signifies both the belief as well as the approach of the organization. Driven by its confidence that sustainable communities are possible only through effective engagement of the residents, Shrunkhala’s main motto is to generate public awareness and enthusiasm and create a Chain of socially and environmentally responsible citizens to work towards building sustainable and caring community.
Our Objesctives are:
- To build an open platform for the people, especially women, where they can explore their skills and design their dreams.
- To educate citizens on tangible actions they can take to become the drivers of change.
- To build a huge community of environmentally conscious green citizens for creating a direct and collective impact.
- To facilitate entrepreneurship and livelihood trainings for marginalized communities so that they can develop their own sustainable economic and social breakthrough, and at the same time be part of the solution to environmental issues.
- To maximize local, organic production and exchange.
- To take action for radically reducing energy consumption while moving towards renewable sources.
Membership & Visitors
- Current members: 500
- Open to new members
- Open to visitors
Looking for Permaculture volunteers, Visionaries, and Designers to work with our "back to the roots" (indigenous connection-based) programs. Please email: [email protected]