- Date: 6 – 25 August
- Language: English
- Location: Kasisi Agricultural Training Centre, Lusaka, Zambia
The Ecovillage Development Programme inspires communities not only to adapt to Climate Change but also to improve their quality of life and lift them towards resilience. GEN inspires local authorities and governments to include ecovillage development programmes in their strategies for the implementation of SDGs and the Paris Climate Agreement.
We have learned that, while there is no one way of being an ecovillage, there are 3 core practises shared by all:
- Being rooted in local participatory processes
- Integrating social, cultural, economic and ecological dimensions in whole systems approach to sustainability
- Actively restoring and regenerating their social and natural environments
Together, we will
- Explore the ecovillage concept and the work and contributions of different types of ecovillages across the world
- Understand ecovillage development as a tool for climate change adaptation and reaching the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Become familiar with a framework for holistic sustainability grounded in decades of hands-on experience and design of resilient communities worldwide
- Practice participatory whole-systems design, using the Ecovillage Playing Cards
- Explore assets, needs and potential next steps of a group, project or community in each dimension of sustainability
- Select specific learning areas (demand driven training) e.g. community building skills, seed multiplication, social entrepreneurship, water catchment systems, etc. to dive into
You can choose to join us only for the first week or for the whole training.
Facilitation Team: Kosha Joubert, Mugove Walter Nyika, Linda Kabaira, … and more!
More information and registration: [email protected]
Phone: +260 978402378
- 700 dollars for food, accommodation and training materials for 3 weeks (12 free places for those participating in the Greening Schools for Resilient Communities Programme)
- 300 dollars for food, accommodation and training materials for the first week only (up to 40 places in total)
- Training free!