GEN is thrilled to be recognised by the One World Award, which honors global people, projects, initiatives, and ideas that make the world more equitable through ecological, social, and economic improvements.
Receiving the award on GEN’s behalf, Kosha Joubert shared wishes for “GEN and each and every community initiating healing relationships in the very depth of everyday love and responsibility, to flourish and shape our future on this planet.” She was joined by Sonita Mbah who echoed appreciation to the network “for nursing GEN with so much love and care, and for helping build the bridge that allows the younger generation to access the wisdom of the elders.”
Now in it’s 6th year, Rapunzel and IFOAM Organics International present the Award, this time with a festive online award ceremony.
We celebrate the inspiring selection of co-recipients:
– Organic Denmark, paving the way for one hundred percent organic cultivation in Denmark.
– Pioneers Tomoko and Yoshinori Kaneko, who established the first organic Japanese village.
– Eliza Mayo and Dr. Tareq Abu Hamed from the Arava Institute in Israel, who set a sign for peace and environmental protection with education.
– Grupo Ecológico Sierra Gorda in Mexico who fight for environmental protection and is a role model for the entire country.
– Janet Maro and Alexander Wostry with Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania, who practice already today the agriculture of tomorrow.
Joseph Wilhelm, the Initiator of the One World Award and Founder and Managing Director Rapunzel Naturkost shared: “We all have an impact on the world – either with small or big projects but also with our personal buying behavior. With the award, we want to reward the laureates and we want to encourage all of us. Let us participate actively in giving globalization a positive direction that empowers people and liberates them from dependence.”
Louise Luttikholt Executive Director of IFOAM – Organics International stated: “The One World Award shows us inspiring initiatives which help that our unique planet remains habitable for people. The positive spirit of the winners and the sustainable effects of their activities fascinate and are a sign of hope! And what’s best: everyone of us can reduce his or her footprint and can increase one’s own positive impact. Everything for our one world!“
Read more about the award and the future makers here.