We envision to create an innovative living and working space for for 10-30 households. We are a group of +/- 10 people from Georgia and abroad planning to settle together in the countryside to pursue a sustainable lifestyle. We have been meeting, visioning and planning since 2017. Through dialogue and events we formulated our core values, compatibilities and limitations.
We have identified 10 hectares land in the West part of Georgia, 30 minutes from Kutaisi surrounded by the beautiful forest of the Ajameti National Park. It is 1,5 km away from a traditional village, the soil is clean and fertile and the climate is mild. We are currently taking financial, legal and organizational steps to be able to purchase the land. We are also looking for people that share our values and are ready to settle with us on the land.
Our vision: “We are a voluntarily self-organized, non-hierarchical community, thriving in mutual respect and support. We are co-learning and implementing approaches to Regenerative ecology and culture. Being interconnected with the wider community, we desire to create a sustainable society”
The village will feature:
– residential plots in private ownership where residents can create their own environmental friendly living space
– Co-housing spaces for volunteers, travelers and prospect members
– Community Center to connect, learn, organize events, trainings, retreats and host visitors.
– Communal gardens and food forest that will provide a large share of the food for inhabitants and visitors.
– Artisanal workshops and tool sharing
– Social and private businesses by (groups of) residents
– A kindergarten and a school based on modern child led education
Membership & Visitors
- Current members: 10
- Open to new members
- Open to visitors
After 5 years of planning, research, community building and visioning, we have finally found our future ecovillage land. We are currently (March 2022) gathering the founders of our community. You can join by contacting us, if you agree to our main values and visions.
We expect you to participate in planning and visioning meetings, and contribute with your talents towards establishing the first eco village in Georgia as a prospective resident or volunteer. We are looking for legal specialists, financial and fundraising advisors, communication coordinators, landscape planning, green architects, educators and other people who would like to work, learn and live with us. We would love to welcome someone experienced in ecovillage foundation processes to support us in creating the community personal bonds and formal agreements. d