Heather and Garth Drummond have dreamed about living in an intentional community for many years. This is the latest update sent to potential home owners in June 2017.
– Full vision went live on www.ecovillage.mu
– We posted the concept on various property websites and Facebook pages, the response was promising
We received over 200 enquiries from a mix of potential home owners, investors, service providers, potential visitors, contractors, architects and more.
– Visited over 20 pieces of land ranging from 1 acre to 200 acres.
– Saved over 140 pages of ideas with pictures and links that have been researched and shared with us.
– Met with various promoters, builders, estate agents, investors, insurance companies, the Board of Investment, Price Water House, organic farms and resorts to name a few
Other small initiatives we’ve taken to encourage the Ecovillage lifestyle.
– Ran a 6 day yoga course and follow up sessions
– Held 2 vegetarian workshops with over 44 participants. Presented the full Ecovillage project to create awareness.
– Westcoast International Primary school invited us to talk to the year 5’s about the Ecovillage to compliment their Eco Park school projects.
– Organised a forest and beach clean up day with kids from our area, we filled over 10 bin bags.
We’ve really enjoyed all the discussions we’ve had with various people over the last few months, Heather has invested over 400 hours so far into the project and has gained so much insight. Let’s keep the momentum going and see what happens. We only need 6 families to make a go of this. We have to be the change we want to see in the world.
Fill out the survey on our website (we simply need to gauge your interest and viewpoints at this stage, there is no obligation to invest.
Membership & Visitors
- Current members: 2 visionaries at this stage
- Open to new members
Please take the survey on our website or contact us via email or phone if you would like to be involved.