- Date: 1 – 30 October 2022
- Location: Ecovillage Sainte Camelle, Lieu-dit Sainte-Camelle, Saint Victor Rouzaud, 09100, France
- Run by:
- Alliance BuildingContextualised DesignIntervention & TransformationLeading from the FuturePrototyping & FeedbackRank & PrivilegeStakeholder EngagementWhole Systems ThinkingArt & CelebrationDefend & ProtectMindfulness & Self ReflectionNature ConnectionVision & PurposeWisdom & InnovationBanking & ExchangeEquitable OwnershipPlanetary BoundariesResponsible ConsumptionSharing & CollaborationSocial EntrepreneurshipConflict ResolutionDiversity & CohesionHealth & HealingLeadership & GovernanceLifelong EducationTrust & CommunicationEcosystem RestorationGreen BuildingRenewable Energy & TransportSeeds, Food & SoilWater CyclesZero Waste
This year, we decided to enrich our EDE’s journey and to have a stronger intention, rhythm and flow of each week. On top of the EDE curriculum, we brought different systems together like: the CLIPS model, Dragon Dreaming, Works that reconnect, The Medicine Wheel, the seasons and elements, and to design what we called the Miro’s journey; our main frame (“miro/miraud” in french means somebody who does not see well, so it’s for us, the journey to open our eyes … to Life). It involved 4 main steps: Me and You, Me and Us, Us and the World, and At the heart of Life. This frame helped us to place the different EDE’s modules in our program with more structure and coherency and to design a clearer container for us, participants and speakers.
1 person from Belgium, 1 person from Burkina-Faso, 1 person from England, 3 people from Switzerland and 19 people from France.
14 women (56%), 9 men (36%) and 2 non-binary (8%)
From 23 to 70 years old, the average age being 36 years old:
- 56% of the people were between 23 and 35 years old
- 16% of the people were between 35 and 50 years old
- 28% of the people were between 50 years old and +
We had a beautiful diversity of all sorts of people coming from all walks of life and all social and economic backgrounds: therapists, students, teachers, architects, educators, entrepreneurs, artists, business and finance managers, nomads etc.
The EDE’s experience is creating strong bonds and connections between people which create a lot of synergies and opportunities for the post-EDE. And as we organized 4 days of festival after the EDE where the previous year participants were invited, the EDE family could grow bigger and the field of possibilities expands.
Let’s meet again next year for the 3rd edition !
Participant quotes :
“I have a deep desire to change my way of living and the EDE opened a lot of opportunities to make it happen: changing the place where I live and my habitat, consuming more locally and living with a group of people in an ecovillage.”
“Gratitude! Thank you for all these deep insights that you helped raise in me. Thank you for all the positive energy you put into this project. We feel so much love emanating from it!”
“For the first time in my life, I found my place in a group! I leave this experience with a heart full of joy”
“I take the hand / Of the child in me / My vulnerability /I don’t shield her.
Alone I can’t / But only me, I can / Co-create life / The best of me
Let’s hold hands / Let’s open our hearts / Let’s unite our dreams / And let’s be happy/ “
For more information, please visit the event website.
Leave a Reply