Our mission is to share information, tools and confidence with people around the world on how to start living healthy and sustainably through a respectful relationship with the surrounding lands and waters in low/zero impact eco communities.
We are currently in the planning phase of the pilot community and looking to obtain land in the near future. Visit our website for more info!
Seeds for Eco Communities principle objective is to help others demonstrate respectful stewardship of the land and water through ecological community-based building practices. In particular, around the following:
CONSERVATION, PROTECTION AND RESTORATION OF THE ENVIRONMENT
- To participate in projects and programs supporting building and living practices which have little to no negative impacts on the surrounding environment.
- To educate and increase the public’s understanding of the environment and its importance through seminars on stewardship and ecological community-based building practices.
- To promote a diversified knowledge of First Nation and Aboriginal traditional and cultural heritage.
CONNECTING AND COMMUNICATING
- To share information on ecological community-based building practices and available support for ecological community-based building.
UNDERTAKING AND SHARING RESEARCH
- To conduct long term research relating to the environmental, social and economic impacts from ecological community-based buildings and to disseminate the results of such research.
- To liaise with local representatives to ensure activities which take place respect the local territories and government laws and by-laws.
Seeds for Eco Communities has an established Board of Directors, Advisory Committee and volunteers to help guide the Organization. We have completed a ten year Strategic Plan and now have in place the Terms of Reference, By-Laws, Financial and Volunteer Policies to guide our efforts
Membership & Visitors
- Open to new members
- Open to visitors