Disturbed with today’s trend of freezing natural resources for a pity excuse of development, a group of like-minded people accepted the challenge to preserve wildlife and its essential environment. To begin with, this group acquired a land-bank of 105 acres.
For sustenance of the project and to make it self-reliant the group started agricultural tourism activity. Hence the group is becoming active under the Title “KOKANGABHA AGRO TOURISM”.
Aims of KOKANGABHA AGRO TOURISM
– To spread the message of environment / wild life protection
– To promote agriculture and agriculture produce
– To educate the youth and empower him to attract towards agriculture
– To make organic agriculture sustainable by integration
Out of the acquired 105 acres of land, 50 acres have been developed into commercial cashew farming with drip–irrigation for more than 5000 cashew plants as a main crop along with following varieties:
– Mango Variety: Hapus, Payri, Totapuri, Rajapuri, Neelam, Ratna, Raiwal, etc.
– Coconut Variety: Banavali, TD, Orange Dwarf, etc.
– Lemon Variety: orange, sweet lime, lemon, papanas, etc.
– Local Variety: Kokum, Jackfruit, Papaya, Pineapple, Watermelon, etc
– Spices : Tirphal, Turmeric, All Spice, Jaiphal, etc
Cash Crop Variety: Sag, Bamboo, Khair, etc
In addition to the above plantations, the farm also produces seasonal vegetables like Brinjal, Tomato, Bhendi, Bottle Gourd, Chilly, Alu, Snake Gourd, Bitter Gourd, Pumpkin, Drumsticks, Radish, etc. More importantly, the group is emphasizing on the use of organic fertilizers to get better quality and hygienic products.
Kokangabha also has an aquaculture pond of the area 12000 sq ft, in which freshwater species like Rohu, Catla, and Prawns are being cultivated.
Membership & Visitors
- Current members: 50
- Open to new members
- Open to visitors
Like-minded people can contribute their skills to develop the projects and also members can own the share by investing money in the project.
Leave a Reply